Wednesday 26 August 2009

DEAD RAP MAGAZINES

When I was younger, if a friend on mine was going for a trip to the states, I'd give them a list of records and mix-tapes to bring me back, but all I ever got was magazines, and I can't thank them enough for not picking me up a doo-wop tape for me and instead getting some obscure magazine that I hadn't heard of. Rap magazines in the early to mid 90's were in abundance. Alot were terrible, but I didn't care, I'd read every liner note in that motherfucker till it fell apart. Looking back, I remember how impressed I was at the thinner format that American magazines came in, as opposed to the standard British size.
http://www.complex.com have taken the time to remind us of those magazines that have since burnt out. There is a fair few magazines missing from their list, but they are on point with the scans.
DEAD RAP MAGAZINES

















No comments: